5 Bedroom Terraced House to Rent in Sherwell Lane, Chelston, Torquay£1,500 per month
Fantastic sized Family home over 3 floors
A spacious sandstone bay fronted house situated in a popular and convenient location close to amenities including shops in Old Mill Road and Walnut Road, a park, local schools and bus services operating to and from the town centre. The sea front and Cockington Valley are both easily accessible. The house is set back from the road and enjoys pleasant widespread views to the front over the surrounding area with the bay in the distance. The house offers very spacious accommodation which is ideal for a large family, sharing with relatives or possible home and income. There is gas fired central heating, double glazing and a useful large basement room suitable for a variety of uses, there is a parking bay at the rear opening onto Ashfield Road.
Accommodation (with approximate measurements)-
Entrance Porch with tiled floor. Part glazed door to
Entrance Hall Radiator. Telephone point. Stairs to the first floor. Door opening to the
Lounge Feature fireplace. Three radiators. Double glazed bay window with pleasant open views over the surrounding area to the bay. Coved cornice. Picture rail. Wood effect flooring.
Bedroom/Dining Room Double glazed french doors to the rear. Picture rail. Double radiator.
Kitchen Extensive range of units to walls and floor with cupboards and drawers under roll edge worktop surfaces incorporating a stainless steel sink unit. Fitted electric hob with a cooker hood over. Eye level electric oven and grill. Plumbing for a washing machine and dishwasher. Space for other appliances. Ideal gas fired condensing combination boiler supplying the central heating and hot water. Tiled floor. Part tiled walls. Radiator. Double glazed windows to rear and side. Glazed door to the
Rear Hall. Obscure double glazed door to the outside. Tap. Polycarbonate roof. Door to
Bathroom/WC White suite comprising a bath with a folding shower screen and a chrome mixer shower. Close couple WC. Wash basin in a vanity unit with cupboards below. Part tiled walls. Tiled floor. Ladder style radiator/towel rail. Polycarbonate roof. Obscure double glazed window to the rear.
Stairs from the hall lead to the
Lower Ground Floor Room. Bay with a double glazed window to the front. Radiator. Currently used as a bedroom but suitable for a variety of uses.
Stairs from the hall lead to the First Floor.
Lounge/Bedroom 1 Double glazed window with pleasant open views over the surrounding area and to the bay. Three radiators. Picture rail. Connecting door to the bedroom and Kitchen/Bedroom 3.
Bedroom 2 Double glazed window to the rear. Double radiator. Picture rail. Connecting door to the bathroom. Door to the landing.
Bedroom 3 Radiator. Double glazed window with pleasant open views over the surrounding area and to the bay.
Bathroom/WC with modern white suite comprising a large corner shower cubicle with a mixer shower and tiled surround. Wash basin in a vanity unit with cupboards under. Close couple WC. Radiator. Chrome ladder style radiator. Obscure double glazed window to the rear.
Stairs from the landing to the Second Floor.
Landing Access to loft.
Lounge/ Bedroom 4 Double glazed window to the front with pleasant open views over the surrounding area and to the bay. Double radiator.
Bedroom 5 Double glazed window with an open outlook to the rear. Double radiator.
Bedroom 6 Double glazed window to the front with open views over the surrounding area and to the bay. Radiator.
Shower Room/WC Close couple WC. Wash basin. Tiled shower cubicle with a mixer shower. Radiator. Double glazed window.
Outside Steps and walkway leading to the house from Sherwell Lane.
Gate to the front garden which is enclosed by fencing and walls with an area of lawn and raised border beds with a timber garden shed. Steps lead up to a large paved patio and sitting area enjoying views over the surrounding area.
Enclosed courtyard area with a raised bed and storage area. Steps with a handrail lead up to the concrete Parking Bay with access onto Ashfield Road.
Council Tax Band D 2022/23 £2,028.41 correct at time of listing
Energy Performance Ratings D
Pets considered for an additional £15pcm
Viewing Guidance - Ridgewater Property Ltd
- This guidance is to ensure that viewings can be conducted safely and in accordance with HM Government guidance.
- Where available prospective viewers will be required to look at the 3D virtual tour before a viewing is arranged.
- Prospective viewers will be asked qualifying questions to check they would pass reference and are in a position to move
- No one will be allowed to visit a property or the office if they have been showing symptoms (no matter how mild) or have been asked to self-isolate
- All visitors to properties will need to be wearing face coverings and gloves before entering the property
- Visitors are not to touch any surface (i.e. not open cupboard doors, windows etc)
- Visitors should wash their hands before and after entering the property with hand sanitiser or soap and water.
- Only 2 people will be allowed to visit a property.
- No under 18 will be allowed into the property.
To pass the referencing for this property applicants need to pass a credit report and will require an annual household income of 30x the monthly rent
In order to rent a property through Ridgewater, you will be required to make the following payments:
Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: Equivalent to one week's rent (this holding deposit is then later used towards your first months rent in advance)
- Tenancy Deposit: Equivalent to five weeks rent.
- Rent In Advance: One month rent in advance
- Companies seeking to rent a property will be required to pay £300 including VAT (£250 plus VAT) for the completion of a Company Reference carried out by an independent referencing agency.
Permitted payments during the tenancy:
- Rent (payable in advance)
- Payments to other third parties: such as council tax, utilities or payments for communications services;
- Default charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or interest on overdue rent may be applied.
- Tenancy changes: Such as requests to vary the terms of or reassign the tenancy may also be applied which will be limited to £50 including VAT (£41.67 plus VAT).
Once a holding deposit has been paid the subject property will not be marketed to others.
Holding deposits will be paid towards the tenancy deposit upon commencement of the tenancy, where successful referencing and statutory checks have been completed.
A holding deposit will be retained by Ridgewater where the prospective tenant:
- Withdraws from the property before entering into the tenancy agreement
- Provides false information for referencing purposes
- Fails to act reasonably to enter into the tenancy before the deadline for agreement
- Fails 'Right to Rent' checks
Ridgewater Property Ltd is also a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme. and have Client Money Protection with CMP. You can find out more details on the Ridgewater website (www.ridgewater.co.uk) or by contacting Ridgewater directly.